2012 (might be end of 2013 by the time I finish this!) Selected pics of WA

Cousin Alice and her family lived here
Cousin Alice and her family lived here at Wagin

I took hundreds of pics on the Australian adventure, so these are just a selected few.

My journey took me from Perth to Dongara, east to Mingenew & Morawa, then south to Wubin, Pithara, Wongan Hills, Goomalling, Cunderdin, Corrigin, Kulin, Hyden, back to Kulin, Dumbleyung and Wagin where the farm and old farmstead are.

Replica of the brig Amity
The Amity sailed from Sydney on 9th November 1826, carrying a party under the command of Major Edmund Lockyer, who had orders to form a settlement at King George Sound.
After a difficult voyage, the first half battling through heavy weather in Bass Strait and the second enduring the summer heat of the westward run, the brig reached Princess Royal Harbour on Christmas Day.

Then to Katanning and Albany where my cousins live now. A night or two there then off east to Esperance and back, whale watching en route, but none of my videos would upload to the blog. A couple of weeks in Albany and then back north again via Denmark, Walpole, Pemberton, Busselton, Bunbury, Mandurah and Perth.

In case you missed my link on a previous blog, check out the link to the Tin Horse Highway at Kulin,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG6RyLQnJCMIMG_0255 DSC09796

IMG_0270 IMG_1103 Anzak Memorial IMG_0697 DSC09821 Below Deck Pelican on the Kalgan River  'Stone Henge' Esperance IMG_0653 Esperance Esperance IMG_0558 Windabout Lake, Esperance IMG_0443 DSC09888 DSC09885 DSC09859 DSC09839

The Dunny
The Dunny

Published by


Born in Liverpool at the end of WW2, but raised in Skelmersdale. I first studied art in Southport from 1960-63 and worked in graphic design till I married. In December 1969 I moved to Zambia with my husband and two young children. There I taught art in the local girls school, illustrated for the National Correspondence College and did all sorts of other artwork, paid and unpaid. In 1978 I divorced and remarried in the summer of 1980. In 1985 I became ill and the following year cancer was diagnosed. There was no treatment available in Zambia and so I had to go to the UK. After recovering from a radium needle implant I went back to Zambia, but 18 months later the cancer recurred and it was off to the UK again for radical surgery. This time I realised I must stay in the UK where treatment was available, so I never returned to Zambia nor my husband. A few months later I applied for a degree course, but two years later the disease metastasised and I spent most of my final year in and out of hospital. It’s been a long hard road, but I’m still plodding on and it is now 24 years since my last cancer treatment. Because of my experience of cancer and surviving against the odds, I try and help others cope with their devastating diagnosis and prognosis.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s